Thursday, July 4, 2013

Scrappin-Peeps Card and Layout

These are the latest creations for Scrappin-Peeps.

I love the colors on the card (for the weekly card challenge to make your own background), especially love the embossed background.  I used a Darice embossing folder with the Big Shot and I inked it with QuickQuotes Powder Puff.  Then added a canvas strip, a flower, bird and swirl, along with a Cheers die cut.





This layout has turned out to be one of my favorites.  I created it for the Progressive Challenge.  The photo was taken when Glenn and I celebrated our 30th anniversary in San Diego - the month before moving to Georgia.  We went on a whale watching tour - first one we'd been on and saw several whales.  They weren't close enough to photograph well, though.  As you can tell it was COLD!  February weather was cloudy and rainy and chilly!

I really like the blues and yellow together.  It was fun playing around with the 3 patterned papers, and I like using memorabilia whenever I have it from a trip (the little "I saw a whale" sticker).  The "Life Unscripted" title is a stamp, as well as the heart journal spot.


No comments: