Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ribbon, Twine & Washi Tape


I love the Frosted Designs Challenges - makes me use what's in my stash!  And there is a lot of that!!

The current challenge is to use at least two of the following: ribbon, twine, washi tape.  I chose to use all 3 just because . . . here is the link to the challenge:

This is another layout of photos I took at the Charlotte Motor Speedway back in October 2012.  Nik Wallenda walked the wire from the top of the stadium seating over the track to pit road.  This was after he walked Niagra Falls, and before the walk across Grand Canyon.  I remember watching the Flying Wallendas when I was little - feeling excited, nervous, and scared at the same time.  Always thrilled when they reach the other side!

My ribbon is at the bottom of the page, my twine is at the top on the banner, on the buttons, and the swirl beside the stars.  Two of  my stars are made of washi tape, as well as the little flower center on the twine swirl.

Ninety percent of the supplies used on this layout is My Minds Eye (Michael's had a ton of it on sale); I also used Basic Grey and American Crafts.



Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love the bright colors on your LO! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs for the Ribbon, Twine, Washi Tape challenge!!!

Narelle Fasulo said...

This is a very eye catching layout, love the bright background. Thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs.

Sassy said...

Nice and bright. Great LO. thanks for playing with Frosted Designs.