Thursday, July 18, 2013

Recent Layouts and a Card

I have been scrapping a lot these past 2 weeks, mostly because of Summer Camp at Scrappin-Peeps member board.  There are some very talented ladies at the site and the challenges are so much fun.  I've learned and received a lot of inspiration from the other's work.

This first layout is a sketch challenge.  I'm trying to finish photos that I took on our 2010 motorcycle trip to Tucson, AZ.  I love this sunset photo.  The colors are some of my favorite - blue, orange, white. I started with white cardstock, and inked the background with Quick Quotes Powder Puff inks.  I chose 3 patterned papers and a solid to use in the grid design.  I think this is one of my favorites I've done.


This card was for a weekly card challenge - layering.  I am just now getting the hang of doing more layering!  I feel like I was behind in this technique, but I'm really trying to push myself now.


This next layout was for a weekly layout challenge - use some Instagram photos, or camera photos.  I have to say I love Instagram!  I used a calendar page as the background and just started adding some photos with hand written journaling.  


This layout was for Summer Camp Challenge #2 - Drama Camp.  The challenge was to use a sketch from a sketch site and then write the journaling from someone else's perspective.  These photos are from a peep meet in Anaheim, CA - me, Andrea, Hope, and Erika met for dinner.  Everyone brought their husbands except me :(  We had a fun night getting to know each other.


This layout was for Summer Camp Challenge #4 - Water Sports.  We were to show a water activity your family participates in during the summer.  I had the perfect photos from our last trip to the Delta with the Adams Family!  Oh, how I miss houseboating and camping with them, and we sure miss the Delta.  I used some older papers I've had for a while, along with some not so old that I got at Scrapbook Expo in Duluth, GA.  The "hot, hot, hot" die cut came from a peep during one of our swaps.



Thanks for taking a look!

No comments: