Sunday, October 27, 2013

roots & wings

I am finally posting a layout for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration.  I always go on their site, "look" and print off the current case file, but have never posted one of the layouts I've made.  I really loved the colors for Case File 95, so I decided to jump in and go for it.  Here's the link to CSI:

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-95-case-closes-on-november-3-2013


And here's my layout:



This is a favorite photo of mine that I took when the kids were visiting the year we moved to Georgia.  It was November, and the weather was very nice for that time of year.  We ate outside at a restaurant called The Cotton Patch.  I printed it in black & white and I thought the blues, gray, white and brown would go perfect.  I experimented a little with gesso, paint, and diamond glaze.

The title came from the quote at the bottom - I think this is what every parent wants for their children, but it doesn't make it any easier when you don't get to see them very often.

Supplies used:

Cardstock - kraft, white, gray
Patterned paper - QuickQuotes (Just Because)
book page - from a dictionary
Quotes - QuickiQuotes
Gesso
Diamond Glaze
Paint - Imagine Crafts (Summer Sky)
Smooch Spritz (Vanilla Shimmer)
Gemstone - the Paper Studio
Twine - WRMK
Wood Tag - Lara's Crafts
Ink - QuickQuotes (Mocha Mama) and Bazzinks (Blue)
Recollections fine writer black pen

No comments: