Monday, May 7, 2012

Garden

Oh my goodness, I was so tired from scrapping all day yesterday - 12 hours of scrapping, 14 layouts and 3 cards completed!  

BUT, not too tired to get our first garden going!  We bought this planter box kit from Home Depot, and it was so easy to put together - no tools required!  I lay down fabric to help keep weeds under control, then put in the soil.  I think I probably have too much in this little area - it's a 4'x4' - but I just couldn't help myself!  I have 3 tomato plants, 2 red bell peppers, 1 yellow pepper, and 1 green pepper, 2 okra plants, 1 squash, 2 cucumbers, 1 cantaloupe, 2 watermelon, and 2 pumpkins!  And in the side pots, I have rosemary, apple mint, and spearmint (you know, for all those mint julips!)

I'm looking forward to having some fresh veggies, and some fruit.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any critters come along and eat my crops!








1 comment:

blsd2scrp said...

love that you have your garden started!