Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Scrapbooking

I am starting to scrap a lot of family, heritage, homes we've lived in, schools we've attended, etc. pages. This is one I particularly like - I titled the page "The House That Built Me" after the song that Miranda Lambert wrote (of the same name). I love the words to that song very much and thought it was appropriate for this page. This is the house I grew up in for the first 19 years of my life. So many memories in this house.
Now, when I drive down this street and ride past the house everything seems so much smaller than it seemed when I was growing up! Funny how that happens. I remember riding bikes up and down the street, the "park" between my house and Carolines and it would flood when it rained; I remember when the Parkway was being built behind our houses, and the Macon Mall was built where Mr. Bass used to have his store. I remember lots of grilling under the carport and the one time lightening struck the tree about 20 feet from us as we were outside (scary); I remember Aunt Mae would almost always come over and spend the night when my daddy went out of town for work; and I remember Whiskers, Blackie, and Sampson - our dogs. Oh yeah, and Happy the parakeet that froze to death from the air conditioner . . . not funny:( I remember me and Donna painting our rooms with big circles on the walls (I don't think daddy was too fond of that project); and I remember trying to pretend I was sound asleep on Saturday mornings when mama tried to wake me up to help her clean the house (sorry mama!). Lots more memories to remember . . . maybe I'll have to scrapbook about all the memories!

No comments: