Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Say it ain't so . . . 50????

Yes . . . it is so! I have lived 50 years of my life. On some days, that's hard to believe!
We celebrated at Cisco's with the Adams Family - yes, they sang happy birthday and made me wear that HUGE sombrero! I didn't let them put whip cream on my nose though.
On my birthday, Glenn and I ate breakfast with Michele, Tyler, and Kyle at Eggs 'n Things; then Glenn took me to Las Vegas (aka Lost Wages). I did lose some wages, but we had a good time. We stayed at Ceasars Palace - the room was really nice. But . . . their table minimums are a little too high for me. I had to go to O'Shea's and downtown Freemont Street to the old joints!
We witnessed a funeral procession while in Vegas - it was for the Police Officer that was killed at the Federal Building in Las Vegas the week before. They had the streets blocked off and the procession was just amazing - State Police, City Police, U.S. Marshalls, Sheriff Department . . . it was just amazing the respect that was paid to the individual who passed.
Overall, turning 50 was pretty painless. I want to embrace this whole new age and just have fun with it. I have several personal goals that I'd like to reach this year - wish me good luck!


This is the funeral procession - everyone on the streets stopped their cars and some stood outside with their hands over their hearts. It was very touching.

No comments: