Tuesday, January 13, 2009

49 and HOLDING!

That says it all - 49 and holding. I'm in the last year of my 40's. I'm feeling a little weird about it - and I think it's because I'll be a half century old next year! Yikes . . . I have a wonderful husband, 2 great kids, and been blessed with a terrific life so far -- and I don't want it to go downhill from here on out!!

There are some things about being in your 40's that kind of suck:
1. Your body slowly starts to fall apart and break down when you hit 40 - at least for those who aren't exercising on a regular basis - or any other basis.
2. You don't get the stares from the "younger" guys any longer, and if you do, you get labeled a "couger." Terrible word.
3. You start getting emails about AARP membership.
4. You really start to think that you should have started that IRA or 401k sooner.
5. Hot flashes really suck!
6. You go to bed when your kids are heading out the door to go out for the night.
7. You have to wear those reading glasses a lot longer - and they don't even help much when the room is poorly lit.

Seriously, I'm trying to be positive about the whole thing - I'm just thinking when I hit 50 next year, they'll be saying that it's the new 30!

I really did have a great birthday week-end celebration. Chuck and Jen (my bosses) took me and Glenn to dinner Friday night to Maggiano's. First time we've been there and it was really good. Jen's mom and dad went also.

Saturday, Glenn made breakfast for everyone and then we went to Santa Anita to the horse races. I won 3 out of 9 races. None of my long shots won, but it was a lot of fun. Michele won a race and Tyler won a race. We ate at Jerry's Famous Deli in Studio City afterwards.








And they're off!















I won the last race - lucky horse number 13!













Sunday, we went for a ride on the Harley's with our friends Jim and Danielle. Rode to Santa Barbara and ate at the pier. It was a beautiful day - the wind had moved all the clouds, fog, and smog out of the area and the islands were so clear.

1 comment:

Dendawg said...

Wish we could have been with you and Glenn, 50th coming up, should plan on a big party, we will come in. Miss ya