Tuesday, November 18, 2008

An Apple A Day . . . or maybe more

The apple tree is FULL of delicious red apples - I think they are McIntosh. Chef Glenn made the first 2 pies today! I walked in to the house from work and it smelled so good with apples and cinnamon. I was ready to skip dinner and go straight to the apple pie!


We found the apple pie recipe in a cookbook that my mom gave to Michele when she moved to San Diego. It's easy and doesn't take forever to make the filling. Debbie Rainey gave Glenn her mother-in-laws recipe for pie crust which he's used a couple of times, but today he used store bought. Glenn told Tyler he's going to sell his tasty treat to Marie Calendars! I have to agree that it tastes delicious!

I think the exercising I did today just got wiped off the charts . . .




No comments: